Saturday, July 07, 2007

I was in Melbourne for a few weeks in May this year and as a Queenslander I struggled with the cold. Eventually I solved the problem, Skins. The benefits of Skins for recovery are widely published and I've heard many people praise their benefits to this extent. My first experience with them however was as training attire. Running and cycling in Melbourne I was layering myself up until I almost couldn't bend. I obtained some Skins which kept me warm as an inner layer without getting sweaty.
I've now got top and bottom skins and I use them in almost every training session. I feel they assist with posture and warmth and afterwards my recovery from running. For cycling I wear them under my arm and leg warmers during cold weather. I'm finally winning against the cold.
Finally, after running the Gold Coast Marathon earlier this week, I can testify from personal experience that they aid recovery. Some of the aching in my legs was removed immediately when I put them on to sleep that night. I can't explain why but I felt it.
Felt - B2
I'm now riding the latst B2 Model Felt. After a year on my S22 Felt, it's taking a little while to get used to a new set up. I'm also coming out of a rest period and I feel I need to earn my position on this bike. I seem to be getting stronger quickly though so I think we have to attribute half of that to the bike.

Felt